Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

Hi guys! Happy 'hump day!' Half way through the week already...I could sure get used to these short weeks at work. I just LOVE being at home with my little buggy and the hubs. My dream is that someday, I can just make money from tending to this little blog of mine and be a stay-at-home mama...hey, everyone can dream right?!!! I'll keep dreamin' and maybe someday, it will come true!
So, I've given this year's resolutions a lot of thought as I didn't want to have the same ol' "lose weight, get healthier" ones that everyone has...I mean, no offense, they are GREAT resolutions but I feel like that's just part of having that healthy lifestyle that everyone should strive for. So this year, I really want to have more meaningful resolutions...2010 and 2011 were LIFE CHANGING years for me...I became a mommy in 2010 which was the best day of my life...feeling buggy grow and move inside of me was so amazing and I was head over heals in love with her from the moment we knew we were expecting her...actually, I think I loved her before she was even conceived...but the moment that my doctor laid her on my chest and our eyes met for the first time was seriously the greatest amount of love that I have ever felt in my entire life. I mean, don't get me wrong, Chris is the BEST, most AMAZING husband, friend, lover in the world and he makes my heart go pitter-pat still after 7.5 years but the love that you have for your child is just a different kind of love {insert tears rolling down my freckled cheeks!} And then every second/minute/day/month that went by, and continues to go by, I fall more and more in love with both Rylee and Chris! Okay, I'm getting side-tracked again...jeeze...you will get to know that about me...sorry, it's just how I roll :)
So anyways...fast forward to 2011...the year that my baby turned ONE and the year that I said "I do" in front of God and our family and friends! 9.10.11 was also the best day of my life; having Rylee Jane and marrying Chris are the two best things that I have ever done...my two greatest accomplishments in life! Long story short...the last two years have been HUGE for me and have changed who I am...I only hope and pray that 2012 will bring as much excitement, happiness and love to my family and I as the last two have!! This year, I want to slow down and enjoy the little things...I've been so busy striving to be the perfect mom and partner that I feel like I've missed out on some of the fun things...I have learned the hard way, that sometimes in life, things just don't go as you have planned...I have been through so much heart ache and loss in my 27 years of life that I tend to grasp on to the things that I do actually have control over and sometimes that makes me a little crazy! I want to let things go a little...for example, I don't want to worry so much about Miss Bella leaving a trail of puppy hair on my floors (I'm literally 'that' girl that vacuums twice a day so that my floors stay clean...uggghhh, talk about OCD!) and I'm going to let Rylee get as messy as she wants because she's only a kid once and who the hell cares whether or not her little clothes, that she grows out of SO FAST, have stains on them! I am going to tap into my creativity as I have SO MANY ideas for our beautiful little house...we've been so busy ever since we've moved in that we have neglected decorating, painting, etc. 2012 is going to be a BIG YEAR for changes in our house...Chris and I are so excited we can hardly stand it for all the changes that are to come...we've been taking pictures like crazy so that we can share all our renovations, DIY stuff, craft projects, etc with you guys. I am going to spend less and save MORE! I am going to try really hard to not care so much what other people think, or what other people are doing and just go with what feels right...we're not the Jone's so we're not going to try to keep up with them either!! I'm just feeling so fresh and rejuvenated for 2012 to be a year about family and about getting our hands dirty and making our house more of a home...but all the while keeping in mind our budget as our goal is to save more money and invest it for our future. I'm really going to focus on not seeing other people's homes and wishing that I had what they had {admit it, we ALL do that on occasion} or wishing that I had more when I really have all that I need...my beautiful family, my amazing friends, my health and our cute little home...that's going to become even more cute and homier as we complete all of our projects that we have brewing!! I can't wait to share with you all.
So, now that this has become really long-winded {hehe!} I'll end with this quote...my inspiration for 2012:
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
~ Mark Twain
Have a good day...and thanks for stoppin' by!!
xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment