Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone!!! I hope you all had a fabulous New Year's Eve...it's always such a fun, special time to ring in the new year with those you love and adore! The last couple of years, Chris and I spent New Year's Eve snuggled in on the couch...barely making it till midnight as I was pregnant two years ago and last year, we had a 4 month old to tend to but this year, our friends Chris and Becky got married and it was such a fun way to spend New Year's Eve. Their wedding was held at the Mayo Civic Art Center which is a beautiful venue filled with floor to ceiling windows that overlooks downtown Rochester! It was beautiful! My SIL, Alyssa was one of the bridesmaids and she looked so gorg! They wore this little, cute and flirty black dress with red heels, red button earrings and they had red flowers; it was the perfect color combo for a New Year's wedding. As much fun as we were having, it started to sleet/snow and we didn't want to get stuck in the crappy weather so we snuck out just in time to get home, kick off the high heels and dress which was quickly exchanged for pj's and slippers...we parked it on the couch and rung in the New Year watching the ball drop in true Fordham Family fashion!! It was perfect, just the way I had hoped it would be. Our little buggy was with grandma and grandpa so it was just the hubs and I and it was just so special...awwww, I know, I'm kind of a sap!
Happy New Year's from the Mr. and Mrs. :)




You guys...remember from my last post when I was telling you about Rylee's new best friend, her larger than life monkey that remains un-named (for now anyways!) but if you look at these pictures, there he is, sitting next to her on the couch...she doesn't want to go anywhere without him!!! Can you imagine if she can't let this thing go, like even to quick trips to the store for example...I can just picture it now...Rylee AND the damn monkey sitting in the cart and me walking on my tippy toes to see over the monks! Hahaha! I will be THAT MOM ;) Oh geeze, the things you'll do for your babes! Okay, sorry, got a little side-tracked there but just had to point out her monkey friend!
And Happy New Year from little miss sugarplum :) When she got home this morning, she was obsessed with our lovely head-gear, if you will, from last night! Hey, even the little people get excited about New Year's! Anywho, Sunday's are always our family days so I should get back to playing with Rylee and watching the last Viking's game of the season becuase they suck they're not having the greatest season and today is their last game...boo hoo! Better luck next year Vikes! I'll be back tomorrow with some very carefully thought-out New Year's Resolutions (that I've been pondering for quite some time now) in addition to our 2011 Year in Review! If anyone is out there reading this, thanks for stopping by. I hope that 2012 brings lots more bloggin' fun because this is so much FUN :) I also hope that 2012 brings love and happiness to you and yours!
xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment