Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Fast, Easy & DELISH!

Good morning everyone! So last night I was on a time crunch to get something made for dinner as I had some baking to do for my work's Holiday potluck that's happening today...ohhh the potlucks at work...such a love/hate relationship as there are always so many goodies and everyone, including me, over indulges...oh well, I guess that's part of the Holidays!
Anyways, back to my "throw it together, really fast" recipe that I like to call...Stove Top Goodness :) I mixed and matched a few different recipes out of an old book that my grandma had and this is what I came up with...It was a huge sucess with my fam so I wanted to share it with you!

Ingredients:
1 lb hamburger or ground turkey (whichever you prefer)
1 package egg noodles (cooked and strained)
1 can tomato soup
1/2 can water (using the empty tomato soup can)
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
Any veggies or additional add-in's that you love (for example, my hubby LOVES mushrooms, like we are talking could eat a whole jar kind of love! so I added them for him cuz I love him so much!)

Directions:

Boil noodles and strain...set aside. (okay, so the picture shows the wooden spoon resting on top of the pan as to ensure your water does not boil over...a trick I learned from my true love, Pinterest, and it really does work...how cool?!!


Brown your meat and season to your liking.


Then add in tomato soup, water, brown sugar, salt and pepper...(this is where I added the mushrooms and you could add really any veggies...corn would be good too!) Let this concoction simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until you see it thickening. Then fold in your already cooked noodles and let simmer an additional 5 minutes...and then serve to your wonderful family!


(Chris, my wanna-be photographer, couldn't resist getting a picture of me hard at work in the kitchen because you know, folding in the noodles is hard work, hehe! Thanks honey, for the fabulous picture...NOT!!)

***Now when I cooked this last night, I used the "no yolks" egg noodles as my attempt to stay somewhat healthy during the holidays but I felt like when I got it all mixed up, there wasn't enough sauce covering the noodles so I actually ended up adding another can of tomato soup, 1/2 can water and I just added another spoon full of brown sugar...and again, salt and pepper to taste and with the extra additions, it was MUCH BETTER :)


Chris and Rylee LOVED it...and I hope you will too...ENJOY!

And Just one more Rylee Pic...
 (Rylee and her messy self...this learning to feed yourself is no joke...she gets down to business at meal time and will not let you help her anymore with her silverware! My baby is getting so big!!!)

So there you have it folks, a relatively healthy dinner for very low cost that took, from start to finish, about 20minutes at the most! Let me know if you try it and how you and yours liked it!! Now...off to get ready for my real job...have a fabulous day everyone :)
xoxo,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. Thank for the spoon tip...I will have to do that!!! I am also going to have to try this receipe...but of course with ground turkey :)

    ReplyDelete