Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentine Fun!

Hi guys! Hope you all had a fantastic Valentine's Day...I know I did; I got to "work from home" with my little lady bug because our daycare mom is sick so my day was filled with lots of X's and O's!!!
I know the big Love Day is already over but it's never to late to share all the fun Valentine Fun we had goin' on at the Fordham household!
Our decorations this year were kinda lame but that's because with all these house renovations we are working on, it was hard to find the time to decorate...I LOVE Valentine's Day so with all the wonderful ideas found on Pinterest, I have big plans for next year!
 Here I just used the candles and hurricanes that I had used for my Christmas decorations and replaced the pine cones with candy-conversation hearts; I bought two bags from Wally-World for about $5...we ate the leftovers...after handing each other one by one and reading the little love notes! haha! I know, I admit, we are really lame ;)
It was easy, cheap and added some Valentine Fun to our table!
I picked up these little love birds at Kohl's on clearance (I think they were around $15 for the pair!) I just couldn't resist...they were so cute and buggy liked them too...they will probably go in her room eventually.
Yep, that's it for decorations...like I said, kinda lame this year but that just means next year is going to rock your socks off!!
We made Valentine's peanut butter cookies that were mmm...mmm...GOOD! I love anything that has peanut butter and anything that has chocolate so naturally, the peanut butter blossom cookies are my fav! I always make them at Christmas time with the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups in the middle and when I was strolling through the Valentine aisle at TarJay, I saw the Reese's Hearts and I thought they would be PERFECT for some Valentine's cookies! SOOOOOO simple...I never claimed to be Betty Crocker but I sure do love how easy she makes it for those of us who are not so good in the kitchen:
 All you do is follow the directions on the back; cookie mix, 3 Tbsp of vegetable oil, 1 Tbsp of water and 1 egg...mix until dough forms...roll into balls; roll around in sugar and bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes; while the cookies are in the oven, I unwrapped and ate the hearts and when the cookies were done, I immediately pushed the hearts into the cookies and they melted down a bit into the cookie but still kept their cute heart shapes! Delish and SO EASY :)
TaaDaaaa!
Rylee had a Valentine Party at daycare on Monday (they celebrated a day early because some of the kiddos were going to be gone...it's a good thing they did the party a day early since our daycare mom was sick yesterday!) Anyways, I wanted to do a homemade Valentine treat for Rylee to share with her friends versus the store-bought ones so after snooping around on again, Pinterest (Yes, I fully admit I am addicted!) I put together a few different ideas to make them our own; this is what we came up with:
"Bear Hugs for Friends! Love, Rylee"


I just mixed the four different kinds of Teddy Grahams with gummy bears and filled the treat bags full! Then I made homemade gift tags with scrapbook paper and personalized them for all of her little friends :) Rylee snacked while mama worked!
They were a hit at the party!
And lastly, I had to do a quick client visit last night and when I got home, I came home to these:
Beeeeaaaaaauuuuutiful flowers from my hubs and a cute little love bug from my buggy :) How cute and SO SWEET...I am one lucky gal!
So how bout you guys, did you have a good Lover's Day?! I sure hope so!
xoxo,
Amanda



No comments:

Post a Comment