Saturday, August 31, 2013

Rylee Jane's Tea Party

So this year when I asked Rylee what kind of "theme" she wanted for her birthday party, she told me that she wanted a tea party! What a wonderful, very girly idea...sweet treats and tea...I can totally handle that!!! I think I was more excited than she was...no joke. I had all these ideas in my head right away for décor and invites, and of course the treats! So what did I do right away...get pinnin' of course, lol! I found a ton of cute ideas for the party that put what was in my head in a more tangible plan, if you will! This way, by pinning tea party ideas, I could actually get to work on the party planning!
I started out with my go-to place for invite ideas, etsy...I ended up working with Amy at Freshly Squeezed Cards and together, we came up with these invites! I changed them obviously to Rylee Jane's info and changed the wording for more of a custom feel (She was great to work with...got back to me super fast...would totally work with her again!) After she emailed me the final invite, I just went to a local printing shop and they printed and cut them for me...all together I think I spent around $25 (including postage and really cute brown paper envelopes from Hobby Lobby)...I didn't think the price was too bad for custom, ADORABLE invites!
{Pics of the sweet treats, tea and party décor inside.}

After the invites were out, it was time to get to planning...I started out with the invites and then went from there...I found plastic, outdoor plates on clearance at Hobby Lobby for around a buck a piece so I bought them all and knew that I would get creative in using them for serving the sweet treats (I ended up using three of them plus two dollar store glass, candle holders...with a little water proof glue, I made a three-tiered serving piece...totally adorable!) Then came the fabric purchase for her sweet bunting and all the treats were pretty much homemade in which I used color coordinating sprinkles...this girl will eat ANYTHING as long as it has sprinkles on it, lol!
{Everyone enjoying the party!}
{Present time!!! Let's just say she has enough "bling" and princess accessories to last a lifetime!}
 {One of my favorite pics from the day...Rylee and her cousin Wyatt who came dressed to impress!}
{The little duo sharing Rylee's birthday cake!}
{Parker on top, Maysen on bottom...baby sisters enjoying the tea party!}
All in all, I probably went overboard...I mean, I even had enough real, crystal tea sets for all of our guests (borrowed from my sweet friend Jess) but it was so fun and so special seeing the look on her face when she saw her party all come together. I know she's only three and maybe won't remember the actual party but someday, she'll look back at all of the pictures and think, wow, my mommy loves me so much and threw me such a special birthday party! I love that little ladybug more than life and always want her memories to be so, so special! We had a perfect day with family and friends...Rylee had so much fun and her sisters loved watching her open all of her presents...afterwards, Rylee went around to all of her guests and individually hugged and thanked everyone for coming...she's so so sweet. I love her more than I could ever put into words! Hope you enjoyed her party as much as well did!
xoxo,
Amanda

 
 
 
 
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment